About the Opportunity:
The Annenberg Institute’s Rhode Island Education Research Team brings together local education leaders and researchers to solve pressing educational challenges, with a specific focus on the educator workforce, professional learning, student learning acceleration, and student engagement. Drawing on the complementary expertise and earned trust of partners, we seek to improve Rhode Island student and school experiences through stronger use of data and evidence while producing research that has impact on a national scale.
The Senior Research Associate is responsible for developing and at times leading key research analysis projects with local districts and the Rhode Island Department of Education to understand and address questions about student well-being, academic outcomes, and the teacher workforce. The Senior Research Associate leads data collection and analysis efforts, develops project models, and writes academic papers, reports, presentations, and grant reports.
This position requires a strong independent work ethic, interest in education, ability to collaborate with the research team and external partners, commitment to equity, and quantitative research skills. Candidates must possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community as part of an organization that centers equity in its work.
This is a fixed term position with the possibility of renewal annually. This position is contingent on funding.
Education and Experience
- PhD or EdD and 2-3 years of research experience or a Master’s degree in education (or relevant social science) and 5-7 years of experience in the field of education, 3 of which should be direct research experience as a research analyst or research project manager.
- A strong quantitative background
- Strong background in education research.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Experience working on large-scale research studies.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Training and expertise in utilizing quantitative research methods, including experience working with complex data sets.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to explain methods to research staff and provide guidance on models and interpretation of output.
- Experience reviewing code and ensuring data best practices are being followed by the research team.
- Experience distilling and translating substantive takeaways from analyses to policy/practitioner audience.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
To apply, please upload a Resume, Cover Letter, and unofficial transcript in one single .pdf document.
Background and education check required.