The National Student Support Accelerator’s (the Accelerator) mission is to expand high-impact tutoring opportunities for all K-12 students in need. The Accelerator is a research-based, field-building organization that seeks to drive scaling and continual improvement in the quality of tutoring.
The Accelerator began with a group of educators convening on the issue of COVID-19 learning loss and the potential of tutoring as a solution. Currently the Accelerator is a program within the Annenberg Institute at Brown University but may become an independent entity once established.
The Accelerator plans to execute in the following areas to achieve its mission:
- Facilitate implementation by:
- o Developing research-based tools and strategic advising for districts to select, implement and continuously improve tutoring programs and for tutoring organizations to scale with quality;
- o Establishing standards and a system of assessing quality of tutoring programs against standards.
- Catalyze the field of tutoring by:
- o Coordinating and leading research, continuous improvement and learning about what drives impact;
- o Developing a variety of pilot sites designed to learn about effectiveness and implementation.
- Build engagement across stakeholders through direct outreach and sharing research outcomes and success stories.
Reporting to the Director of Quality & Improvement, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing systems management and support for the Quality & Improvement team for the National Student Support Accelerator (The Accelerator) at the Annenberg Institute. Major components of the position include the following:
- Supporting the develop, execution, and continual improvement of administrative data management systems including databases, project data, etc.
- Supporting the development, execution, and continual improvement of systems to ensure efficient operations and client service.
- Facilitating collaborative and coordinated efforts across teams, specifically the Research and Engagement teams, and as needed, the Annenberg Institute.
- Coordinating and supporting administrative processes for Quality & Improvement staff.
- Actively promoting a diverse and inclusive environment through modeling, practices and operational systems
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and at least 1-2 years’ project or administrative management in public K-12 systems experience required.
- Fluency in Spanish may be beneficial, though not required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for driving equitable education outcomes for all students and specifically for high impact tutoring
- Ability to assess work flows and design and implement systems to streamline operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and recognized the Accelerator is a new organization committed to continuous improvement, entrepreneurial thinking, and high adaptability.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Google, Slack, and Zoom platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Please include a cover letter when submitting your application.
Background and education check required.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work and must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.