About the Opportunity:
The Research Partnership for Professional Learning (RPPL) is a partnership that brings together professional learning (PL) organizations and researchers from the Annenberg Institute who study teacher learning. RPPL’s central goal is to rethink how we learn about teacher PL, shifting from studies that explore whether a specific program works to a broader learning agenda designed to identify which PL design features improve teachers’ instructional practice and, as a result, students’ classroom experiences, well-being, and academic growth. RPPL centers equity in its work, focusing in particular on supporting the learning of teachers who work with students from historically marginalized groups.
Guided by our learning agenda, RPPL seeks to:
- Uplift the current evidence base
- Generate faster and better research on PL
- Create the research and collaborative infrastructure so we can get that better research into practice in thousands of districts, schools, and PL orgs across the nation
- Change who sets the research agenda
The Senior Research Associate takes the lead in developing and leading key research analysis projects for the Research Partnership for Professional Learning. This position requires independent work as well as collaboration with Annenberg’s project teams and RPPL. The Senior Research Associate leads data collection and analysis efforts, develops project models, and writes academic papers, reports, presentations, and grant reports.
This is a grant-funded, fixed term position with the possibility of renewal annually. This position is contingent on funding.
Education and Experience
- PhD or EdD and 2-3 years of research experience
- A strong quantitative background
- Strong background in education research
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Experience working on large-scale research studies
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Training and expertise in utilizing quantitative research methods, including experience working with complex data sets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
To apply, please upload a Resume, Cover Letter, and unofficial transcript in one single .pdf document.
Background and education check required.